Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Wife

If you attend Heartland Church you almost certainly have met my wife, Pam, at one time or another.  Yep, the tall blond with the nasty left hook.  That's her.

Pam is probably best known around the church for her passion for the babies.  Pam is the nursery manager, and she and my daughter Dani can be found there almost every Sunday during second service.

Because Pam and Dani are so involved with the little ones, I have probably focused on the nursery a lot more than I might have otherwise.  And, I have really come to appreciate the importance of the nursery as a ministry.  It is a big thing for parents to be able to leave their babies with confidence, so they can focus on God without distraction during our services.  In fact, a number of people have told me that the key factor in deciding to make Heartland their church home was their comfort level with our nursery.  Pretty cool, huh?

But, what most people don't know is that Pam's service to the Church goes far beyond the nursery.  Most Tuesdays Pam can be found at the church assisting Pastor Dan with various administrative matters.  She also co-leads our women's ministry with Pastor Dusty's wife, Kendra, and she spends a good deal of time ministering to other women in the church.

I hope you don't mind that I am taking the liberty of appreciating and maybe even bragging on my wife a little.  I may have a more public role at the church than she does, but there is just no way that I could do what I do without her support, her encouragement, her wisdom and her help.

But, the most important thing you need to know about Pam is that she loves God.  I mean, Pam really loves God.

Pam is an incredible woman of incredible faith.  I often find myself amazed at her confidence that God has things under control and that He will work things out for us.  All too often, I see a Rubik's cube -- impossible to solve.  But Pam sees a cube with solid colors on each side -- God having already solved the puzzle.

By the way, Pam is also dangerous -- lethal even.  She is a fourth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and is now working toward her green belt in Kung Fu.  So, you don't want to mess with her!

And for the record, I am not writing this because I am afraid of her.  And, no, I'm not in the "dog house" either (at least not at the moment!).

By the way, at the risk of appearing fickle, you may have noticed that I changed the name of the blog yet again to simply "Pastor John's Blog."  At the encouragement of a friend, I think I am okay with that.  : )

1 comment:

Nancy Golden said...

Great post, Pastor John! Pam is an amazing woman and I enjoyed learning about her accomplishments and her service. Ministry always takes two in a marriage and you are both an awesome team! I sure did enjoy grabbing a cup of coffee while having a visit with my pastor. Not as good as in person but very special in its own way...your blog never fails to inspire me and always gets me to thinking...
And special thanks to Pam for all of her wonderful service! Blessings!

Blog Archive