Saturday, December 31, 2011

Thank You

As we look forward to 2012, I wanted to take a few minutes to say "thank you" to a few people.  Many people touched my life in 2011, so if I miss you for some reason I apologize in advance.

First, I thank God.  I thank God for all He has blessed me with -- beginning with the gift of salvation.  

I thank God for my family and friends (including my friends at A+B).  It has been a difficult year, but it has also been a wonderful year in so many ways.  I am so proud of Pam and excited about the way God has used her this year.  Many of you know about her role in the HC women's ministry and watching the babies on Sunday, but there are so many other things she does that impact the lives of others.  

Pam and I are so blessed that God has trusted us with Jonathan, Christian and Danielle.  We are excited to see each of them now as young adults, and are blessed that they still enjoy spending time with us and being a family.  

I also thank God for allowing me to serve Him the way I do.  I still have trouble sometimes believing that God would allow someone like me to serve Him at all.  But then again, I guess I am just one in a long line of God's misfits.  He has also shown me this year, maybe more than in any year before, that it is often the most simple acts of obedience that have the greatest impact.       

I thank God for my friend Tim, who was released from the hospital after many, many weeks -- just on time to spend Christmas at home.  I have been inspired by Tim's strength and faith throughout his ordeal.  It will be interesting to see how Tim's ministry unfolds in the future.  I have no doubt that God will use Tim's experience to reach people in even more powerful ways.

I thank God for my friends who have spent many Wednesday nights studying the Word with me.  I have enjoyed getting to know each of you better, and y'all really keep me on my toes!

I thank God for each of the men who have been getting together faithfully every Saturday morning -- and for those who will be joining us in the future!  We have only been meeting for a couple of months, but God has been stirring the hearts of the men in this group.  These are men who are hungry for the Word and for the things of God -- and I really believe God is up to something big.  How blessed I am to have been included!

I thank God for the good things that are taking place in the life of my Mom.  It has been a hard year, and she has a lot to deal with.  But, things are beginning to fall into place and she is handling everything so well.  Now, if we can just convince her to move to Texas!!

This might sound a little odd, but I thank God for Facebook.  I have gotten reconnected with so many people I have known through the years.  But one of the real blessings has been the number of people I went to high school with who turned out to be people of faith.  I knew that a few of my classmates were Christians back then, but had no idea about most  -- or at least where so many are as adults.  

I have had a chance to minister to a few of those folks (including through this blog), but virtually all of them have ministered to me -- whether they knew it or not.  I was truly taken aback by the number of people from high school who have encouraged me both by their faith and by their appreciation for God's call on my life. 

I thank God for my church family and for our pastors and staff.  Thank you Pastor Dan for trusting me and for releasing me to do the things at the church that God seems to be leading me to do.  Thank you Pastors Dave, Dusty and Sherry for your encouragement and your support.  What a joy it is to serve with each of you!

Thank you Pastor David (V.) for leading the mens' group.  Good things are happening because you listened to God.  Better things are yet to come.  Thank you Larry, Duncan, Stephen, Jon, David (E.), Mark, Jon (2), Frank, Phillip, Paul for your faithfulness and transparency.

Thank you Phil and Nancy (and many others) for your friendship and your support.  I thank God for new friends!  

There is so much more to say, and even more to be thankful for.  Don't get me wrong -- 2011 has by no means been perfect.  I have had my share of problems and challenges this year.  But this I know -- God is good!

May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; and may the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Blog Archive