Wednesday, July 13, 2011

For The Love Of Tim

If you have known me for any length of time you have probably heard me mention a friend of mine named Tim Krumal.  I first met Tim at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, California.  I was a freshman in college, and Tim and I lived in the same dorm building.

Tim and I had quite a bit in common, but were opposites in some ways too.  Tim was extremely outgoing and friendly to everyone.  Within a week of moving into the dorm you could not help but feel Tim's presence.  Tim quickly established himself as a leader and, much to my dismay, Tim seemed to be the favorite of all of the girls in the dorm (yes, it was coed -- but the men and women were on different floors!).

I was a bit more introverted and cautious.  To be honest, I was a little intimidated being in a new environment where I didn't know anybody.  Plus, my first roommate was big into heavy metal -- which kind of freaked me out a little.  So, it took me a little longer to get to know people.

To my credit, I was a reasonably capable guitar player (folk-rock was big then, which only required you to know about eight cords).  Tim was just learning, and to tell you the truth at that time his guitar playing kinda stunk.

Before long Tim and I became good friends -- although I am not really sure how that happened -- and Tim quickly began, in sometimes subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle ways, to teach me about Jesus.  One time Tim bribed me and another friend into going to church with him.  I mentioned that to Pam the other day, and she observed that even though all it took was a free lunch, paying for Taco Bell was probably a sacrifice for a college student on a tight budget.

Another time, for reasons I can't quite remember, Tim convinced me to spend a weekend with him at a Christian youth camp where he served as a counselor.  What was I thinking?  Better yet, what could he possibly have done to convince me that a weekend at a Christian youth camp was the best weekend option available?  During that week Tim did a lot of counseling.  I did a lot of dishes.

Anyway, the way Tim fits into my life is pretty simple -- Tim was the first person I can recall showing me what having a real passion for Jesus looks like.  Tim loved God and he loved people.  He still does.

Years after I had lost contact with Tim, as my own walk with Jesus intensified, memories of my time with Tim began to flood in and I felt a great need to track him down and tell him about my journey.  I mostly wanted Tim to know about the fate of the seeds he had planted in my life.  Just last year I was able to reconnect with Tim.  It was great to meet Tim's family, and to be able to thank Tim for pouring into my life so long ago.

Tim, as it turned out, is the Pastor of Family Ministries at Auburn Grace Community Church in Auburn, California (which is near Sacramento).  Tim serves there with his wife Jana.  In addition to their responsibilities at the church, Tim and Jana are kept busy by four great (and active) kids.  Tim and Jana have a great heart for ministering to families, and particularly for teaching spiritual leadership in the home.  I have attached a link to the page of the Auburn Grace Community Church web site describing Tim and Jana's ministry if you want to learn a little more about them.

Some time ago Tim mentioned that he was having some health issues, which later turned out to be cancer.  More recently, I learned that Tim needs a bone marrow transplant.  After the transplant, Tim will need to live away from his family for a number of weeks near Stanford University Hospital so that he can be monitored and cared for.

I cannot imagine the emotional and financial stress Tim and his family are going through.  When Tim called to tell me about the need for the transplant he was literally just about to start a round of chemotherapy.  In fact, our call was cut short when the nurse came in his room and told him it was time to get started.  The funny thing was that when we spoke Tim sounded ... well, like Tim.  He was upbeat, laughing, optimistic and full of faith.

I have never really asked anyone to leave a comment on this blog, but I am asking now.  I love Tim and his family and I want you to love them too.  Whether you know Tim or not, I would greatly appreciate it if you would take a minute to say a word of encouragement or a word of prayer for Tim, Jana and the kids.  Pray for God's healing, for peace and for financial blessing in the weeks to come.  Pray that when this season is over Tim and Jana's family and ministry will both be stronger than ever.  Pray for the friends, family and medical professionals who will see Tim and his family through this time.

If you wouldn't mind, please leave your comments on this blog and NOT on Facebook.  Just click on the Comments at the end of the blog.  Please leave your first name and maybe the City, State or Country you are located in.

Thank you so much, and God bless.


Tim and Jana

15 comments:

Tee View Points said...

Tim, I cannot imagine what you are going through, but praise God we have a savior who does! I pray that during this time, God continues to surround you with faith talkers and people who can see pass what we think of as reality and see GOD and Him working. I pray you are able to hear God speaking to your heart - and that you will find the courage to "rejoice in the Lord always....for He is near."

Eric Coggins said...

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you will be with Tim and His family at this time as Tim struggles through this situation. I ask that you will bring healing, comfort and peace. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Pastor Dave (Heartland Church) said...

Tim, the Heartland Staff prayed for you and your family Tuesday morning. We thanked the Lord for strengthening you physically and asked that He give comfort to you and your family. We reminded Him of his promises to you, specifically that He was "wounded for your transgressions, bruised for your iniquities, the chastisement of your peace was upon Him and by His stripes you are healed" (Isaiah 53:5). We continue to pray that God will hug you close and increase your hope in Him.

Alvin & Tamra Crosson said...

To Tim & his Family
Ephesians 3:16-21
16 I pray that he will use his glorious riches to make you strong. May his Holy Spirit give you his power deep down inside you.
17 Then Christ will live in your hearts because you believe in him. And I pray that your love will have deep roots. I pray that it will have a strong foundation.
18 May you have power with all God's people to understand Christ's love. May you know how wide and long and high and deep it is.
19 And may you know his love, even though it can't be known completely. Then you will be filled with everything God has for you.

20 God is able to do far more than we could ever ask for or imagine. He does everything by his power that is working in us.
21 Give him glory in the church and in Christ Jesus. Give him glory through all time and for ever and ever. Amen.

God bless, Alvin & Tamra Crosson
Heartland Church

Reddy Kilowatt said...

"I'll lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them & make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."Isaiah 42:16

Tim -- God is faithful and His promises are certain. I pray that God will give you and your family a keen sense of His presence as you walk through uncertain times. God is before you and behind you and beside you and will and He will fight for you.

I feel you have blessed my life -- because I am blessed by the life of John Crews. Thank you -- and may God bless you with each step as you seek to serve Him.

Janet
Fort Worth, TX

Anonymous said...

Tim,
Thank you for loving our Lord Jesus so much that others are drawn to HIM. As your light has shown over the years to others ....through HIS grace, I pray HiS grace and mercy will continue to follow you all the days of your life!
We agree in prayer for your coninued healing. Heavenly Father your word says we overcome by the word of our testimony, the blood of the Lamb and the Name of Jesus! We speak healing into our brother's physical body in the mighty Name of Jesus! Grant Tim complete healing to bring glory to your name!
Blessings,
Sherry Ferris
Heartland Church
Blessing and Favor

diggerdean said...

Tim: Thanks for sowing the seed in the life of Pastor John...the maturation of the fruit is evident today.

Psalm 27: 13-14

Take courage and be strong.

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Wait for the Lord: be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Mark Dean
The Heartland Church
Carrollton, TX

Shelly said...

Shelly - Hurst, TX

Tim, the Heartland staff is praying for your complete and total healing and will continue to pray that until hear of your healing! I pray that during this season the Lord wraps you and your family up in His joy and brings you supernatural hope and faith in Him. In Jesus Name!

Anonymous said...

Tim, first of all, please allow me to thank you for pouring into John in his younger days. Had you not done that, Heartland Church and the Hamill family would have missed a huge blessing. I pray for your complete healing as you walk down this difficult road. I pray that you feel Jesus right by your side every step of the way. In Jesus name, Amen

Tish said...

Tim,
I pray that our great comforter and Father holds you tight like the child that you are to HIM. He loves you so much and is walking with you during all of this as you know. Our hope is in Him. My family will continue to pray for you and yours.
In Him, Tish Garceau
Worship Team @Heartland Church

Anthony Katongo (HC) said...

Tim, I pray the hand of God who is without distance be stretched over your life. May His healing and mighty anointing rain down over your body. May He strengthen every part of your body. I encourage you even at this challenging time to remain focused on Him knowing that He whom you have served all these years remains faithful to you and to His word. I pray that you be surrounded by men and women who will speaking nothing but faith over you. The testimonies we have heard about you from pastor John are awesome. May you continue to serve Him regardless. Stay blessed.

Anonymous said...

We come together and pray for Tim, in the name of Jesus. We claim the blood of Jesus on him and for his family and all financial concerns. Because there is power in the blood and it covers and cleanses all things, even cancer.

Lord please reveal to Tim any resentment or unforgiveness, so he can release it into your hands. (the stats are high of cancer patients who have hidden anger or unforgiveness)

We also ask that you step in and perform a miracle so that Tim will be a living testimony for a complete healing and that others will surrender themselves to you.

We are healed by his stripes.

In Jesus name, AMEN!!!

Blessings to you and your church.
Doug (So. Cal.)

DonComon said...

Tim I am upholding you in prayer for complete healing. I remember hearing of a large pastor in southern California that I had interviewed when I was in seminary. He had went through cancer and God completely healed him even before the chemo started. He said with all the time on his hand he prayed a lot and let the H.S bring up to his mind anything that he had not dealt with in his life, negative emotions, bitterness etc. He felt it was such a cleansing time and felt a renewal with his walk with the Lord as he confessed old stuff. Don't know why but there is link some time between feelings held on and our bodies ability to be well. I have prayed with a ministry team where a number of people with arthritis who the Lord led to confess bitterness and unforgiveness were healed almost instantly. Not saying you have any thing hidden, I just know I would do that Inventory in a similar
situation.

A story from my life that I hope encourages you. When I was on a short term missions trip in Indonesia with my 5 and 1/2 month pregnant wife 23 years ago she got THypoid fever. The doctors came with all that they know and gave the bad report, 99% of women abort with this and lose the baby. The Lord came to me in a dream that night as strong as I have ever had and said don't listen to them believe my word. So we put up healing promises all around and after they came in with their dooms day words we prayed and worshipped and reaffirmed his promises. I was a little like the woman with the unjust judge in Luke 18, and Luke 11 with the persistent neighbor and said God you didn't bring me this far overseas to lose my child. Well she came out perfectly well. I would have still served Him either way. We are going to doctors to get well then my position is believe for healing unless the Lord says otherwise, because he said ask.

You have others who don't even know you being strong in faith when you are feeling weak. You are on my daily prayer list. Like the friends who let down their friend thru the roof for Jesus to touch him we are bringing you to Jesus. God Bless you Tim. In Christ together.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tim, It really touched our hearts as we read John's words sharing how your life impacted his. Thank you so much for your service to our Lord Jesus Christ and the lives that you have affected eternally by reflecting His love. We are so sorry you and your family are going through such a difficult time but thankful that you have the comfort of knowing Jesus and that He will walk with you through this. Our family will be keeping you and yours in prayer - for your healing and for comfort, peace and strength. May you feel His arms wrap around you and envelope you in His boundless love and feel the incredible peace that only He can give. In His love- Phil and Nancy Golden Carrollton, TX

KimothyS said...

Tim, may your family and you feel God's enduring love and feel peace as you go through this trial now. May you be strengthened by His grace, and may your family be comforted. In His name, Amen.
Kim, Round Rock TX.

Blog Archive